
For the past week, Laura, Kate and I had been planning a day of pampering ourselves for Saturday. We ended up going to a salon to get haircuts and pedicures. I decided to be brave and chop off a lot of my hair. I'm still not used to it at all, but it's exciting.
Pedicures in India are very intense. I got a full (knee-down) leg massage, all skin scraped off of my feet (a bit painful, especially since I'm so ticklish) and polish. I could get used to this kind of treatment- especially the low prices of all of it.
After the salon, we went to Laura's house to watch the dvd of Hindi music hits Laura had bought (some of the best videos and music I've ever seen and heard. The more ridiculous the better!). For dinner, Laura's brother said we were going to a "club". We left with him and his 9 month pregnant wife and went to the most expensive hotel in Jaipur, where it turns out we were attending the first polo party of the season. It took place on the lawn of the hotel, everything was decorated beautifully with lights and fabric. The other people there were mostly associated
with polo in some way- we talked to a television producer, a tv reporter for polo matches, a polo player... We also met up with some other americans studying in Jaipur through a U. Minnesota program. We stayed at the party for a few hours, had some cocktails and food, fun conversations, and great people watching. It was a very classy night- not exactly the India most people know about. Now I just have to go see a polo game!
Also, a few more pictures:
http://skidmore.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2012920&id=12200174&l=268b2


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home