Leslie in India

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Facts

1. My iPod officially killed itself this morning. It now has 0 songs. I have 0 access to sanity.
2. I thought I had made great strides in finding an ISP advisor today until he somehow doesn't think email addresses need a second half.
3. I'm going to Pushkar this weekend to attend the camel festival. One event includes putting 12 people on a camel and trying to get it to stand up. The first up wins.
4. Two more days of Hindi class!
5. I'm ready for Diwali to be over. No more fireworks or sitting through endless "visits" where I stare into space while people rattle off Hindi for hours or desserts that include "cashew nuts, sugar, and silver foil" as their only ingredients. Turns out eating metal is not a good idea for me, as my stomach told me.
6. I have plane tickets to get to Banaras! A one hour flight is much more pleasant than a 14 hour train ride and not much more expensive. Worth it? Yes.
7. Young (and not so young) boys playing video games and screaming at the top of their lungs do not make for a good work environment, it turns out. I don't recommend it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home