Leslie in India

Sunday, November 05, 2006

ISPeee

I wrote a nice long entry, but it got deleted because of the lovely computers here. I'm leaving tomorrow for Delhi, then to Banaras on Tuesday. Most people are already gone, so it's strange around here. Ally, Leah, and I are currently trying to find something to do now.
I'm really excited about ISP. It's really scary, but I feel like I'm ready for it. This is going to be the first time that I'm ever living on my own, and it's in India. I guess I'm throwing myself into the fire.
We lost another student yesterday. JB is going home now instead of going off on ISP. His mom was at our last class to get him. It turns out he's been having a lot of anxiety attacks and SIT didn't think he was stable enough to go off on ISP. He's writing a paper at home, so he still gets the credit, but it's really sad that he's going. He seemed like one of the most prepared people for this. I feel really bad that no one knew he was even having any trouble.
Class ended yesterday with two practicum presentations. The snake charmers (who didn't learn to charm snakes, but had an entertaining presentation regardles) and then my folk dance presentation. The dance went really well. We were decked out in ridiculous costumes- bright yellow shirts with reflective striping are the best. That's a halloween costume waiting to happen. It was really fun to end that way, though.
Saying goodbye to everyone was very strange. We're only going to be seperated for a month, but it's likely going to be the most intense month of our lives so far. I'm really excited for everyone else and for their projects.
On Friday night, we went out to celebrate Bridget's 21st birthday since it's early next week, after we're all gone. We went to a swanky hotel near my house and sat out on the roof. It was a lot of fun to have pretty much everyone from the program together relaxing. We have a really good group here.

I'll write more when I get to Banaras. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home